As of 4pm today I am on vacation for the next four days. Not real vacation of course, I’m not going anywhere, but I’m off with no real obligations at all! My mind is filled with all sorts of possibilities. How many of those I will fulfill, is a completely different story though. While I want to accomplish plenty of things, part of me really wants to enjoy doing nothing just because I can and that’s rare.
Anyway, I’ve been bottling up all of these ideas and random thoughts for days now, since being sick put a hefty thwart in my regularity of being online and so here they come in a numbered form (for lack of a better way of making it flow properly).
1. I’ve recently gotten into the show “The Big Bang Theory” and have been watching it marathon style. It’s a hilariously dorky show and if you haven’t seen it and like nerdy fun it’s a must see. The character Sheldon is so smart and out of touch with people he is by far my favorite person on the show. My cheeks hurt after each episode because it’s almost non-stop laughter.
2. I’m still not finished reading BETWIXT, but I intend to finish it tomorrow possibly pool side. I know, so out of character for me, but my parents are away right now so no ones home and it’s been ungodly hot out here. Might be nice to get some color and be able to take a dip in the pool with no one to witness me in a bathing suit. Not to mention the quiet free time to wrap up a book. Either way, I will definitely finish it during this break, definitely. BTW – I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. It was quiet interesting to me at first, but I’ve been distracted by the constant usage of curse words and so far I have a rather strong distaste for everyone except Ondine and Nix and even they are sketchy to me at this point. Hopefully I’ll have a more warm and fuzzy feeling about the story as a whole once I reach its conclusion.
3. In regards to reading – my gosh I’ve been distracted by the temptation to buy new books. I told myself I wasn’t allowed to buy new books until July or until I’ve read all of the latest books I purchased and while July has arrived, I’m not even half way through the last six. Oh Books, you will be the death of me. The second I’ve started into the last of the latest purchases those five waiting in my Amazon shopping cart will be mine. [Insert evil book buying laughter here]
4. Musically I’ve been wrapped up in my 90’s Alternative Rock Collection (which actually leaks into the early 2000’s) to keep myself from seeking new tunes. This collection is around 500 songs that I’ve built up since my high school days and is by far one of my favorites. Is it just me or has alternative rock music lost its luster since the 90’s? I mean, don’t get me wrong there have been several successful groups to come along since then, but the scene as a whole was so ripe back then.
5. Okay so writing. ::Sigh:: I’m in a difficult place right now with my book. I’ve written nothing in almost two weeks and it’s because my mind is seriously on overload re-thinking almost every little aspect of my story. This deserves a sub-section of numbers.
Qualms with my book:
1. Now that I’ve read so many other stories I worry ridiculously about too many similarities with others. Not whole plot lines or anything, I mean it’s not like it would seem like I jacked a story, but still I want it to be original and I’m starting to see or feel like that’s just not possible.
2. That mystery element I thought I had resolved only presented another fallacy of the plot – something else that would contradict itself. And while I feel like I’ve figured out a way to fix that, while also cutting what once took three scenes to achieve down to one, it’s left me questioning things leading into and out of that change.
3. I’m debating getting rid of two of my characters. I can’t believe I’m saying that considering they are the elders of my story, the ones who hold the wisdom, but I’m starting to think maybe it’d be better if they didn’t have that wisdom to rely on. It might make the mystery part of the story more… oh I don’t know. Ugh. I just don’t know.
4. I’m beginning to feel like it’s hopeless. Like I should be done by now, like it’s ridiculous to be making such changes or even thinking about them this far into the game. I’m trying to tell myself it’s just a moment of doubt and to overcome it. But I’m not doing the best job at convincing myself.
There’s more issues with my book, but my minds drawn a blank trying to sort them all out just now. See, that’s how much it’s driving me crazy.
Earlier this week edgyauthor tagged me on her Blogger site in which she was given a versatile blogger award and the rules stated “… share some things about yourself and to pass the award along” She listed six things so I suppose I will do the same, however considering she is one of the two people who actually read my blog and she tagged the other reader in her own post, it appears the passing of such awards stops here. Sorry, I’m always terrible with these sorts of thing, but I didn’t want her to think I ignored the tag. So here it goes.
1. My nails have been painted black for over a year and a half now.
2. When I was in high school I had backstage passes to the HFSetival (alternative rock station in my area 2 day event) and after meeting all of the bands I wrote an article in Girls Life magazine about the experience.
3. Tomorrow, July 2, will mark 6 years with my fiancé. My longest relationship to date.
4. I have played with my eyelashes since my hand could reach my eye and I hate it, but it’s a habit I can’t seem to quit.
5. I despise talking on the phone. This also includes not having a phone capable of Facebooking, Twittering, and the likes.
6. I love watching cooking shows, however I do not cook. My fiancé is the cook in our house.
Alright, this has taken me far too long to type and I’ve probably definitely bored you by now so I’ll leave you for the night. Ta-ta friends!
Peace – Sarah